Saturday, December 25, 2010

Step It Up

So I have been thinking about what I can do next. Actually with all of the chaos and cookies of Christmas I wasn't really thinking about it at all, but my boyfriend asked me. It just figures I finally sit down to relax after taking my 845th batch of cookies out of the oven and he asks "So Adrienne, what will you make next." And his tone was just so accusing. As if I haven't just gone through the cookie gauntlet this week. As if I haven't made hard desserts or something. Like everything up till now has been child's play and I need to step it up. In the heat of the moment I blurted out something that will haunt me for the rest of my life. Or at least until I accomplish it. Soufflé I said casually. In a equally dagger like tone. A tone that screamed I make those all day every day with my eyes closed and this time will be just as easy. Only its not easy. Its one of the hardest things to accomplish. Great bakers have been brought to their knees by this dessert. Tossed aside and added to the pile of the many failed Soufflé makers. And its not like if you fail you get to go home with some parting gift and call it a day. No. If you fail you get a soupy mess that will just stare at you with disappointment from the bottom of the pan. So in that second of frivolity I did it. I sealed my fate. I signed my life away to this dessert. And the only way to get it back is to master this thing. Man I hope this works. Soufflé here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment