Thursday, December 16, 2010

Apple Pecan Cheesecake


OMG! This recipe is genius. Its delectable and such a crowd pleaser. With that said I will never make it again. Ha. Funny contradiction there huh? Well let me start by saying I got a new cook book. A cookbook devoted to baked goods. The book actually called to me while I was wandering thru a bookfair at my job. I heard the sprinkling sound of dusting sugar and turned to my left. There sat a super thick book with the best looking cakes, brownies, cookies, and cupcakes I'd ever seen. Now I love all cook books, but a word to the wise any cook book with delicious pictures in it can suck me in any day. Aside from the enticing pictures the recipes looked easy and it was perfect for me. A huge book filled with all the things I love to make. Anyone who knows me would say that has Adrienne written all over it. I went thru it about 10 times in my cube and decided I would make all of the recipes I could. Now back to the cheesecake. It was the first recipe I attempted from the book. I love cheesecake and even think about substituting it for my wedding cake sometimes, but then I remember all the cake tastings I've been to and change my mind quickly. Anyways, this cheesecake was the best I have ever had. It was moist and delicious and melt in your mouth goodness. The apples and pecans on top made it the perfect festive treat.Almost like a cinnamon sticky bun cheesecake. And now we get to the part about me never wanting to make it again. I wasn't the only one who thought this cheesecake was great. I shared with my co-workers and friends and was requested to make it again and again. I made it for a friend's Thanksgiving dessert and for a potluck at work. I even was sucked into adding it to my mother's Thanksgiving spread. I was cheesecaked out after all of that. And with all the chopping and prepping it will be a while before I make this recipe again. The good news is I have a great cheesecake recipe that I can convert into any type I like. Stuart Little was right there is always a silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment