Friday, December 24, 2010

Cappuccino Cookies


I guess its cookie week. This is another cookie for mama. It seems mama always has another recipe she wants to "try." But actually she wants me to just make them so she can enjoy. I don't mind making them. It helps me fill my blog with great recipes and gives me experience in all kinds of baking. I have a feeling this isn't the last recipe mama has printed out. I took a look on the fridge and saw a couple more cookie recipes hidden. Tisk tisk. This recipe was easy to get together. As most cookie recipes are they come together quickly once the prep is done. I have gotten pretty good at sifting the dry ingredients together and creaming the butter and sugar. This recipe of course had its own variations but nothing too complicated. The dough smelled like a fancy coffee drink and mama tasted it and said it was good. Once the dough was complete I had to roll two logs out of it and freeze for two hours. Yet again more waiting!!!! Once the dough was frozen I cut it into slices, topped the slices with chocolate sprinkles and baked. The finished cookie was good looking and mouth watery. They tasted the best right out of the oven, so soft and warm. That coffee drink smell translated into sweet coffee cookie. These cookies would be the perfect partner to a cup of coffee. I can already imagine mama enjoying them with a cup. I even had extra dough which I kept in the freezer for later.  Mama did a great job picking this cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment