Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 10 1/2

I got my award letter today from the school I will be attending in the fall. I'm not really sure why it's called an award letter when I've hardly won a prize. Unless you call the constant reminder of how much this school will cost a prize. But when I opened the letter the term "award" flashed into my head as I looked over the long list of what I thought was going to be free money for school. And when I saw the words "Total Remaining Cost (1,200)" I almost cried. For a second I thought my problems were over. Until I looked at the list and noticed that for my "convenience" the financial aid advisor had added in the student loans I would need to take out into the list. After really looking at the letter I realized that aside from that empty blessing I would be collecting $3,500 out of the $27,000 tuition in grants. Don't get me wrong I'm excited to be getting something. I mean that's free money I won't have to pay back. That's a step in the right direction right? Just a little less than $24,000 left to earn. This should be a cake walk. Speaking of cake I'm making brownies and desserts for my boyfriend's game night. This will take the place of scholarship searching for the day. Being that it's Saturday I think I've earned a break to do something I love. After all I should practice my baking skills for school. : o )

No comments:

Post a Comment