Sunday, October 3, 2010

Apple Cake Tatin



Another great recipe from Barefoot Contessa!!! This is one she has made a couple times on her show. It is always a crowd pleaser. The method was so easy I would consider making it again but tweaking some of the ingredients. The crucial point was the flip over. I had to flip the cake pan over onto a plate in order to make the pretty apple design I created end up on top of the cake. I was nervous it wouldn't turnout and I think I chanted something along the lines of "Ina's is going to hear from me if this doesn't turn out." Lucky for her and my hungry family it did. With the sound of a plop the cake was free from its chamber and ready to eat. With some homemade whipped cream and powdered sugar! It was really delicious, so good in fact my sister's boyfriend stopped by and had two slices before leaving. But not without saying "I can taste the egg" and making me self conscious about me cake. But what does he know it was good and he had two slices so he must have liked it. Overall the dessert came out beautiful and delectable. I would definitely consider making this for a party. No wonder Ina always does! Hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment