Saturday, February 19, 2011

Nutmeg Ginger Apple Snaps


These are the cookies featured in the movie Fantastic Mr. Fox. A movie that I have fallen in love with over the past couple of weeks. I really made them on a whim after arriving at my mama's house with nothing to do. Surprisingly I had many of the ingredients already. But I did have to go to the store for some of the spices. After getting over the shock of paying $10 for a bottle of ground clove that I only used a "pinch" of I was on my way to make them. It was a rather simple recipe. A little out of the ordinary pattern of cookie making but still easy to do. The hardest part was trying to get the apples sliced thinly enough while maintaining a full apple slice. Once baked the end product was beautiful. Even more so then I expected. I think the pretty star shape I got in the middle of my apples added such an artsy appeal to the cookies. While "voraciously" devouring the cookies I kept replaying my favorite scene from the movie in my head. It's the part when Fantastic Mr. Fox says to his son "Where did you get that nutmeg ginger apple snap and why are you wearing that fake bandit hat." Hahaha. It's so funny. My only regret is that I didn't have any of Farmer Bean's prized cider. I can imagine it right now. Like Melted Gold!: o )

No comments:

Post a Comment