Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cheddar Bacon Cornbread


This was a quick decision recipe. I saw a cornbread being made on TV and wanted to try it. It looked simple enough so I decided to change it a bit and add bacon. I guess I'm trying to branch out from the recipe and try my own things. I am so glad I did. The texture was moist and the bacon was the perfect partner to the sharp Vermont cheddar. Combined with the sweet cornbread it was the perfect bite of food. My mom served it with chili and I think my dad ate it as a meal by itself. I do have to thank my sister for taking this professional looking picture. She even included a slice of bacon in the background to give it that special touch. She would make a great food stylist. Maybe she should think about a career change. You never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment