Sunday, September 19, 2010

Spongebob Cupcakes


These cupcakes were a gift for my friend's son. His 4th birthday party was this weekend and he loves Spongebob. We wanted to make all chocolate cupcakes but to be fair to everyone at the party we added some white ones too. The process was pretty easy because I make chocolate cakes all the time. The icing was a little tricky to apply. My friend wanted the cupcakes to be special so we used a icing tool to get the perfect look. Then we added sprinkles and a topper.They looked so professional when we were finished. You would swear they were store bought. We also attempted a pineapple which offered a pretty cool vessel for the Spongebob candle. I had so much fun in a new kitchen cooking with a friend. Surprisingly it wasn't as stressful as I thought it would be making cupcakes for an event. I would do it anytime! Check out the pictures above to see the other cakes. So much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment