Sunday, September 19, 2010

Peach Raspberry Crisp


So I was again watching the Barefoot Contessa and got sucked in to one of her decadent recipes. Now I have made crisps and crumbles before but they have always turned out too sweet and I have thrown them away. But for some reason I can't seem to remember the overly sweet crisps I have made when I see a piping hot gorgeous dessert pop out of the ovens on TV. So I ventured out to make a crisp again. This recipe seemed so easy when I saw it on TV. But then again everything seems easy in The Hamptons for Ina and her friends. To be honest the most difficult part was peeling the peaches. I used the boiling water trick but my peaches didn't peel too easily. I am glad I used the less ripe peaches however. They really stood up to the long cooking time. After everything was assembled and an hour of baking went by I had this lovely bubbling dish to show off. My family, happy to be receiving treats, devoured almost the entire thing in one day. And I am proud to say, as I am eating some of the leftovers right now, it was a success. Not to sweet, crunchy, and delicious. Just as beautiful as the one Ina had at her potluck. Thank you again Barefoot Contessa for another home run!

No comments:

Post a Comment