Thursday, December 16, 2010

Rugelach


Here is the break from cheesecakes we have all been waiting for. Cookies always put a sunny view on things. These cookies have been something I wanted to make for some time. I refrained from doing so because they come from the dreaded Ina Garten. Yes the butter queen. And yes I did say she was cut from my blog and baking life, but I think everyone deserves a second chance. This recipe was more time consuming then I thought with all the chilling, dough making, forming, and rolling but in the end I was please. The cream cheese dough made a moist cookie that stayed fresh for days after they were baked. To be honest I found a small batch a week later and they were still as moist as the day I made them. I would definitely make these cookies again. I think Ina has redeemed herself. Just as long as we never talk about sticky buns again.

No comments:

Post a Comment